Monday, January 25, 2010

Been a long time.... I've still been following some of the blogs but didn't feel up to posting anything. Things continue on about the same. I got piled on with a lot of cases and that takes quite a bit out. My numbers are somewhat down again which means I'll be getting more soon. Seems to come and go in waves. With my numbers down I should be catching up, but I still don't seem to get any where very fast. Takes time to close or transfer cases so I'm just as far behind on my day to day stuff. I've been working on old logs.... caught up through Aug 09. oh well. I'm trying to get caught up so i'm only a month or so behind by the end of Feb. my organizational skills are sadly lacking :)



I just got a great new case from a different division. Dad threatened the previous caseworker and strangly other worker's car windows were broken same night that a kin provider of said case expereinced same vandalism. Oh so glad the powers that be thought this would be a good case to give me. yep. the single caseworker who is the last to leave at night and is often there on days the office is closed. nice. so far things have gone ok. moved kids to an out of the way foster home. limit my communication with dad to emails. mom is off her rocker but seems harmless other then not being able to care for more then one kid at a time (too bad she's got more then one!). Dad has sued me, and that will be heard before the court, also had a couple of investigations on me and foster parents. i did break protical and shared a picture of dad with my housemate because if dad is around my house, they need to call 911. Dad is antisocial and pretty smart so i don't know how this all will end. doesn't matter so much about me, but i sure worry about the kids. even so i'd prefer not to die any time soon. i may be being a bit melodramatic, but the guy is really scary.


Sister blew her adotive home a couple of months ago. I've still got some hope though that we may be able to salvage something. I don't understand how this happens. i explained over and over Sister's behaviors. the homestudy worker explained over and over, the previous providers explained over and over, the therapist explained over and over. i guess they heard what they wanted to and thought she would act differently for them.

Greg made a huge turnaround after my last post. he is still in his placement. he calls them mom and dad now. he is no longer in a behavioral classroom at school. I guess he just needed a family to commit to him no matter what. that and medication has made a huge difference. he is growing into such a fine young man and i wasn't ever sure that would happen. wow.

Been some interesting talk here at dcfs about the haiti crisis and the orphans. at one point they said a plane was in the air bringing in a bunch of little kids and they needed help. everyone that i know is willing to do whatever is needed, but I doubt that the adoption agencies will want dcfs involved beyond providing basic caseworking needs. I don't know much about all that, but it does seem crazy to me. dcfs doesn't charge $20,000+ for adoptive parents. dcfs pays attorney's fees, pays for the family to care for the kid until adotion, and often has a small adoption subsidee after the adoption (I know its should be more!) which is as it should be since the state has an obligation to the kids. I guess none of that matters right now. just helping the people there.

i'd be more then willing to take a child if they have an extra one :) i'm sure there will be lots more families then kids.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Please take extra precautions and be safe.

Doing a happy dance about Greg! That's really sad about Sister but some people just can't "hear". :(